Wednesday, April 1, 2009

How to convert mini DV file in to AVCHD? Have Canon HV10 HD mivi DV Camcorder.?

Can I transfer mini DV video to AVCHD camcorder (DVD recordable or Hard Drive recordable), if yes, how?



Probably not.





What do you mean by "Hard Drive recordable"?





In order for a high definition hard disc drive, flash memory or DVD based camcorder to deal with that file, you need a video editing or converter application that can output to M2TS or MTS files. I am not aware of any - that does not mean they do not exist, it just means I am not aware of any.





Since there are no consumer AVCHD camcorders that have a DV port, there is no way to directly dub (using a firewire cable) from the HDV camcorder's DV port into the AVCHD camcorder. USB won't work - first, because the AVCHD camcorder won't take information IN over USB and second, because the HDV camcorder won't send HDV over USB.





If you got the HDV video into the computer, you could try saving that as an h.264/AVCHD file format - I know iMovieHD and FinalCut can do that - but I don't think that will be in a file format the camcorder can use. I did read the the newer version of some Sony software bundled with their HDD camcorders allows exporting video back out to the HDD camcorder but I don't know what AVCHD camcorders you are working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment