Thursday, March 26, 2009

DVR question on recording..?

Have a new DVR and it won't record a movie from the AMC channel on cable. It says, "copy protected, cannot record". Either from a timer record or express. Is it the AMC channel who might have a block on this?...or my disc? I'm using the same discs I use to record Tv shows.



In my instruction book it says:


Copy restriction set by copyright owners, etc. These signals are included in some software or TV programs and restrict recording on this recorder"


Guess there's a block on your dvr.


This happened to me a long time ago so I just bought the dvd I wanted from amazon. Has nothing to do with HDTV.




This usually happens when you have an HDTV or using an HDMI cable. Usually the cable box has the software that does this, to prevent people from copying new movies that they can reproduce.




some dvr's won't let you record EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment