Thursday, March 26, 2009

Is it truly bad for cell phones and batteries?

To keep the phone on a charger even if the phone is not at its last dying bar warning you that it will die, I charge my phone every night. I sometimes have 3 bars, sometimes 2, sometimes none and a red warning light, Help me out!



Its ok to charge it anytime even if its not low. That was true for the old batteries but the new chargers and batteries are not like that. They will not keep charging when the charge is full and do not need to be fully drained and recharged like the old batteries.




Keeping your phone on the charger when it doesn't need to be will wear down the life of your battery. You can charge your phone no matter how dead it is or not but just keep in mind if the battery is full and it sits on the charger for hours it would have an effect on your battery. Also its good for the life of your battery if you let it completely die every now and again. . .




I've heard both, that it's a problem of the past, and newer don't have that problem, and I've heard that it still diminishes the life expectancy of the battery. I don't care. I charge my cellphone everyday, with one exception- my palm treo smartphone- that battery lasts me about a week, so I charge every other day. I'd rather have to change battery every year, (and so far that isn't happening) that being left without a cellphone.


Charge away mate!!!




With teachings by my father, it is best to try and let the cellular phone lithium-ion battery to go very low before charging it...charging it when it does not need it can result in a falling battery life


To deal with this back-set, my father had 2 batteries for all of his phones

No comments:

Post a Comment